Get your Safegrate
Buy it Here
Citrus Beet Salad Recipe (fresh grated beets and orange/lime zest)
- 3 med or large beets, peeled and grated and if leaves attached: rinse leaves and slice small
- 3-4 leaves kale/broccoli chopped small
- 1 grated carrot if desired
- 1 zest and small cut pieces of the peeled orange
- 1 tbsp lime juice and some zest if you have a fresh one
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup chives or green onions
- 1 tbsp roasted pine nuts
1. Peel and grate beets and add to bowl. (Doing this in my sink with my SAFEGRATE is easy and relatively stain free for beets!)
2. Chop up kale/broccoli and add to bowl as well as beet leaves
3. Grate carrot and add to bowl if desired.
4. Add orange zest and cut orange pieces and lime zest (if available) and lime juice.
5. Add olive oil and toss to combine
6. Roast pine nuts in frying pan on medium stovetop (dry – no oil added) until browned
7. Top salad with nuts and chives/green onions just before serving.